Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coming Soon: Bye-bye, Thunder Thighs?

A few years ago, I lost 40 pounds on the Weight Watchers program. I've manged to keep the weight off, but, when the fat went away, it left some...unattractive remnants, shall we say. I've never really expected to have a six-pack, but it would be great to firm up some of those problem areas. I assumed the only way to do that was via lots of boring exercise. Until last weekend, when I saw a commercial that might (or might not) change my life.

Nivea has introduced a product called My Silhouette:
that claims to "redefine the appearance of the body's contours." The commercial insinuated that inches could be lost, and I was intrigued. I almost never fall for this kind of thing; I usually try to live by the old "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" philosophy. But, when I went to the grocery store on Tuesday, I found myself seeking out the Nivea products to price a tube of My Silhouette. It was $12, and the package claimed that although the product is "not intended for weight loss" it could reduce up to three centimeters from my waist, belly, hips, and thighs. Coincidentally, those are all the spots with the worst hail damage. Right into the cart it went.

I will be doing a full review of my (hopefully) magical flab-reducing potion in four weeks, which is how long the package says it takes to see results. I've been applying it twice a day since Tuesday, and things do seem a bit smoother, but only time will tell. I really don't expect a miracle. But, if a product promises to reduce the size of my mighty thunder thighs and help stop them flappin' in the breeze (it is shorts weather, after all), then I am at least going to give it the old college try. Stay tuned for the review in mid-June!

3 comments:

JD at I Do Things said...

VERY interesting!

I also lost a bunch of weight on WW, but sadly, did not manage to keep it off (tho I'm back on it now and doing well). I do exercise, but at the age of 48, there are problem areas. I'll be very interested to hear your review. For $12, it's definitely worth a try.

absepa said...

JD: You look like you're in great shape--especially for 48!! I would probably have a much easier time of maintaining my weight if I exercised, but I just hate it. I thought $12 was pretty reasonable, too.

Unknown said...

can't wait to hear all about it!