Thursday, September 16, 2010

And me without my adamantium

The other day, I came home from work and I was S-T-A-R-V-I-N-G. Within this box...

lay my solution: Kraft macaroni and cheese. I don't really cook, because, when I am hungry, I don't want to cook. I want to eat. I seem to have lost my ability to eat most foods since my surgery, so mac and cheese has become my standby. (Quick, minimal effort, tasty...meets all the criteria). Very well, then. Open up the box and--

I. Can't. Open. The. Freakin'. Box. Do you see the perforations in the (crummy cell phone camera) photo up there? It says, "Insert Thumb & Lift To Open." Is it just me, or can anyone actually open these things? I know I am kind of a weakling, but I couldn't even stab it open with a knife. Seriously, I would have to have Wolverine claws to get into the cursed thing. And, of course, the top of the box was never intended to open, so it wasn't exactly easy, either. That's why it's all ripped up. I was afraid I was going to have to smash the whole thing with a hammer and try to catch the flying macaroni shrapnel so I could have something to eat.

Kraft, let me give you some friendly advice: Your average macaroni and cheese customer does not need any additional aggravation. They are in a hurry. Either they are making your product for the 47th night in a row --because their picky kids won't eat anything else--or they are (like me) lazy sods who want something hot to eat that is a notch above a frozen dinner, but requires no actual cooking skills. So please, make the boxes easier to open. And do it quickly, because that was my last one.

3 comments:

Jewelielyn said...

hahahahaha! oh wow! we used to LIVE on that stuff. i'm not sure what it is made out of, but it sure is good! and what is it with food packaging in general?!?!?! i finally had to buy kitchen scissors since stabbing everything with a sharp knife did not seem like the best solution...

JD at I Do Things said...

THANK YOU!

I thought I was the only one who could never open those stupid "Press thumb here and push" or whatever those boxes say. That method DOES NOT work. I end up with a mangled box and its contents all over the floor.

Having gotten that off my chest, I just remembered. I have Kraft mac and cheese in the house -- and it's the microwave kind, which means . . . no box!

absepa said...

Jewelielyn: We finally gave up and bought kitchen scissors, too...I'm kind of a menace with knives. One more reason why I don't cook much.

JD: I can't tell you how glad I am that I'm not the only one who can't open the boxes. It makes me feel much less lame.