Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My ?? Things

I have seen this "100 Things" deal done on several blogs, and it's usually pretty interesting and funny. I can't make any guarantees about that, and I'm not sure I can come up with 100 things, but here goes.

1. I am terrified of birds and bugs. Those are not the only things I'm scared of, but they make the least sense; I mean, what can they do to me, really? But they still completely freak me out.
2. Cat scratch fever is not just a rockin' tune by the Nuge. It is a real medical condition, and I nearly died from it when I was three.
3. With a couple of exceptions, I prefer a good action movie to a chick flick any day.
4. I have lived in the same city my whole life, but in 18 different houses. We moved a lot when I was a kid, which probably didn't help the whole "shy and nerdy" thing very much.
5. I could live on fruit and sweets--breads, vegetables, and meats are all great, but I must have fruit and dessert to survive.
6. During my junior year of high school, I worked at Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream to earn money for a class ring. I spilled an entire mop bucket full of water in the walk-in freezer one night, and unintentionally created a teeny skating rink.
7. I hate for my clothes to be wrinkled, and I iron and starch everything. If you see me at Kroger in sweatpants and a t-shirt, I've probably ironed them.
8. I am an idiot. I gave up a full-tuition college scholarship...and now I'm going on my 20th year of employment in administrative/clerical work.
9. Autumn is my favorite season, because it reminds me of falling in love with my husband.
10. I can't sleep without covers. Even when my family lived in a 100-year-old house in the country with no air conditioning, I had to be covered with at least a sheet.
11. I made an appearance on a local TV talk show in December of 1975. The host chose several kids from my kindergarten class to appear on her Christmas special, and I was one of them. I don't remember anything about the experience except what I wore.
12. When I got my first pair of Nike sneakers in fifth grade, I thought they were so cool that I slept with them on top of the dresser so that I could see them when I woke up. (They were white leather with a red swoosh and blue trim on the soles.)
13. I met Sally Field at a hotel in Georgia. I didn't know who she was while I was talking to her; my mom had to explain to me later that she was "the lady from the Smokey & The Bandit movies."
14. I had scarlet fever when I was five. My grandmother and I were quarantined for about a month.
15. My grandmother, cousin and I took a Greyhound bus from Lexington, KY to Houston, TX, and back in 1982. It was a very, very, very long trip.


EDITED TO ADD: Blogger is completely insane. I was typing away, and all of a sudden it just...posted my entry, with no prompting from me whatsoever. I will complete this list in another entry. (I know you will be waiting with bated breath.)

No comments: