Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Random Wednesday Observations

  • Four-day weeks sometimes seem much longer than regular weeks.
  • After 3 1/2 years of working at my nice, peaceful, low-stress job, my cheese is about to be moved. I came here from a horrible work environment, and it helped me appreciate this great job even more. Now things are about to change (for the worse, I'm afraid), and I'm pretty bummed about it. As usual with work stuff, there's not a darned thing I can do about it.
  • The worst part of sewing is the measuring and cutting. That old "measure twice, cut once" thing apparently doesn't apply to math morons like me. I measured three times, and still cut wrong. Fortunately, it was the lining fabric for the purse I'm making, so at least it won't show on the outside.
  • A strained pectoral muscle is really painful, and takes a while to heal. It's been two weeks, and I still can't stand to raise my arm above my head, or pick up anything that weighs more than five pounds.
  • You know the weather has been dry when you strain a pectoral muscle, trying to shove the sprinkler spike into the Sahara-like ground in your back yard.
  • It's hot, and humid, and I want it to go away. That is all.

No comments: